Trinidad and Tobago

Athalia Samuel - Miss Intercontinental Trinidad & Tobago 2014

13:01 LaoPhoi.com 0 Comments


In a release, the former Miss Trinidad and Tobago stated she was offered the opportunity by The World Beauty Organisation, promoters of the competition themselves to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Miss Intercontinental pageant in Jordan on October 25, 2014.

She said, “With limited time to seek sponsorship to get there on October 6, they were most elated that I opt to compete rather than hold the franchise which is also my responsibility but from next year. Entering another major competition was on my plate for a while. After the dethroning of a 2013 delegate, I needed to focus on me for a while.”

She said, “With God always as my saviour I started to focus on school to make sure my GPA stayed in tact, to now designing (Afrodesiack) and pushing me as a one of TT’s top models and holding a day job, I recognised that focusing on me actually minimised the thought of all the hard work and energy I have put out on someone else, I could use it on myself. I appreciate me, proud of me and love what I do.”

As the second Trinbagonian to represent in this show since 2010, Samuel said she couldn’t be more exited to once again have the chance to bring home a crown for her country. “A lot of people asked me to screen for Miss Universe at least once more time and I did and again like since I was 18 years old, I never made it past the first screening process. It took nothing from me because I know I was well ready, been prepared and have the experience. I honestly tried out because I have been asked,” said Samuel.

She went on to state, “But Miss Intercontinental Organisers saw what Daniel Seebaran saw in me for Miss World in 2012 and that was good and fulfilling enough for me, and I thank them.”

Once again Samuel is on the hunt for sponsors to another international pageant and this time she said she is doing it all alone for herself and will love the support from her country. “My mission is always to keep Trinidad and Tobago’s flag flying high with aims of showcasing our culture and bringing in the best results ever,” added Samuel.

For Miss World 2012 she started a drive to feed the poor, then became an advocate to help sensitise persons about HIV/AIDS. Now, she says her project is under her NGO, Athaliah And Friends Foundation. The project is called “Bringing Back Laventille”.

With no aim to be biased because she helps anyone who is in need, but for quite sometime things, she said are beginning to get harder for the children to be kids, and to experience a lot of things that she remembered experiencing when she was growing up.

She said, “The last set of things that happened actually made me stop and realised that something needs to be done for the children of the community. I feel like they are being robbed of freedom. Freedom to grow, freedom to experience, freedom of choice, freedom to be.”

With aims of “Bringing Back Laventille” project, Samuel hopes that being the representative for Trinidad and Tobago helps with her mission.

She closed by saying, “As an ambassador for my country it brings me great pleasure to use whatever strengths obtained to help others in the best way possible.

“Thankful for all opportunities, and known for pushing through the tough situations, I am only hopeful for a great outcome. I welcome all sponsors to contribute towards my preparation for Miss Intercontinental 2014.”


You Might Also Like

0 nhận xét: